LAUNCHING OF FIRST CAMPAIGN OF AWARENESS
On March 2019, the first campaign of awareness was launched after an endless series of meetings at the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH). The meetings included all the members of the National committee of awareness about colon cancer created by the ministry. SAID NGO is proud to represent the civil society in this committee.
MOPH MEDIA CAMPAIGN
ORDER OF DOCTORS LAUNCHING OF NATIONAL PLAN
National Plan for the Awareness and Early Detection of Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal cancer awareness and early detection is a priority highlighted during an official launching event to announce the national action plan.
- Increase public awareness about CRC and that it is preventable & beatable
- Enhance and improve education of primary care physicians (general practitioners, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetricians, and others) about the fact that CRC screening saves lives and that it should be implemented according to national guidelines
- Develop partnership with all relevant stakeholders: professional orders, scientific societies, civic societies, patient associations, hospitals and others in helping to promote awareness and early detection recommendations
- Develop guidelines for a national screening/early detection program and quality performance standards for FIT testing
- Equip major public hospitals and clinics in Lebanon with FIT testing capabilities (FIT kits/FIT machines)
- Initiate a large pilot study to explore screening test feasibility, accuracy, acceptability and identify factors or obstacles to uptake
- Enhance the quality of colonoscopy by CME, training and certification, and capacity building of quality colonoscopists
- Develop partnerships with international scientific societies in Europe and the USA as well as the World Endoscopy Organization for knowledge transfer, learning from best practices, quality assurance, etc.
- Develop and launch a massive national awareness campaign targeting the public leading to a national screening program with central documentation, data collection, analysis and research